Visitors, Transportation and Safety
Visitors to OLQM
We encourage parents, professional educational organizations and appropriate community groups to visit the classrooms. We do insist, however, that such visits be arranged in advance with the Principal.
All parents, visitors, and volunteers are required to report directly to the School Office upon entering the building. Visitors may NOT visit teachers and students during school hours unless previously approved. Meetings with teachers must be scheduled in advance. All visitors must wear a badge to indicate they have registered their visit in the School Office.
The Birmingham School District provides bus transportation to students who live within the boundaries of the Birmingham School District and more than one mile from Our Lady Queen of Martyrs School.
Bus routes are established by the needs of our school population and are given to parents by late August or the first week of September.
Each student should be familiar with the following rules:
- Students are expected to conform promptly to directions of the bus driver.
- Students will wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to enter or leave the bus.
- Students are to keep hands and head inside of the bus at all times.
- Students are expected to help keep the bus clean, sanitary, and orderly.
- Students are not allowed to use loud/obscene language while riding on the bus.
- Students are not to interfere with the driver in any way so as to distract his/her attention from driving.
- Students are not to deface the bus in any manner.
- Students may not open bus windows unless the driver gives permission.
- Students may not eat or drink on the bus.
- Only the bus driver will determine the need for using the safety door.
- The driver has the option to assign seats when necessary.
Students who fail to comply with the above guidelines or other regulations set forth by the driver will receive a discipline notice. Parents and Principal must sign the notice before a student may resume bus transportation privileges. Repeated notices will result in suspension of bus transportation privileges.
CARPOOL/PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
Our Lady Queen of Martyrs has a pick-up/drop-off procedure for those students transported by car. These procedures will be distributed to all families at the beginning of the school year. If you require assistance with the procedures, please contact the office.
Students riding to and from school must walk their bicycles while on school property and crossing streets. All bicycles must be locked in the bike racks.