The Gucciardo Scholar Fund
hThe Gucciardo Scholar FundThe Gucciardo Grant provides a yearly award of $1,000 to a student entering kindergarten at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Catholic School through graduation of eighth grade ($9,000 total). Financial need is a consideration. Recipients of The Gucciardo Scholar Fund will be announced on August 1, 2021.
- All incoming kindergarten students who have attended pre/jr-kindergarten at OLQM are eligible to apply for this grant. Applications are due online by 5 PM Friday, July 31, 2020.
- FACTS application should be completed and submitted. A link to the FACTS application.
- The recipient’s guardian must be willing to chair a committee on one of our major fundraisers such as Oktoberfest or Blarney Blast.
- Applicants must have attended OLQM pre/jr-kindergarten.
- The applicant parent or guardian must be willing to sign a contract that this scholar fund is awarded to a student entering kindergarten and will be renewed each year through 8th grade as long as the donor continues to be a contributing member of the OLQM community. If a family voluntarily leaves OLQM before completion of 8th grade, they fully understand they will be required to pay back the grant to OLQM in the full amount received. The only exception would be moving out of the area (defined as a 45 mile radius or loss of job).
- The recipient must attend Mass regularly.
- The recipient’s parent/guardian must be willing to write an annual update in the form of a letter to the donor as to how the student is doing at OLQM.